Tween smoothness

Hi!

I'm using a Tweener to move an rectangle in or out in a Flash Template.

Code: Select all

Tweener.addTween(twitterbalk, {x:-1400, transition: "easeOutExpo", delay: 1.0, time:0.5});

Evertyhing in this templates works smooth except the moving of this rectangle. You can see it flickering especially when the easing is done.
Does anyone know how I can improve this tween so it looks more smooth?

Re: Tween smoothness

I'm using the Greensock Blitmask but the Tween never starts in the template. The template loads and populates the text fields but never starts scrolling. If I test from Animate it scrolls as it should. I am calling the BlitMask onUpdate method in TweenLite.

Any ideas why the Tween won't start in the template?

I start the tween in ActionScript.

I am building a football team squad list that scrolls horizontally across the bottom of the screen, using BlitMask and TweenLite.

I am trying to tween a single movie clip (on the x axis) that contains four child clips and each of those four clips contains a single text field. All four text fields are being populated successfully by an overridden call to SetData() and passing in xml. Straight after all the text fields are populated I call the tween. I am just testing for now with four fields but eventually there will be eleven. Here is what I call after the fields are populated:

var blitMask:BlitMask = new BlitMask(playerStrip, 220, 995, 1700, 80, true);
TweenLite.to(playerStrip, 30, {x: -3000, ease: Linear.easeNone, onStart:blitMask.enableBitmapMode, onUpdate:blitMask.update});

As I said this all works fine in Animate but won't start when run from the template.

OK I've now got the Tween to start by placing the code on the timeline on either frame 1 or frame 2 (to allow time for the text to load) - both work. However, now the tweened clip suddenly disappears after about 2 seconds despite the tween duration being set to 30 secs.

I've also tried different values for the tween duration and it seems the tween will function for approximately 50% of the duration value before disappearing. Too bizarre!