pull the actionscript out of the .ft file

I've created a project, exported into an .ft file

I've come back to my works computer after the holidays to find someone has deleted all the work, but I still have the .ft file.

Rather than having to rewrite the actionscript, which I'm now backing up in a onenote document should this ever happen again. Is there a way to pull the actionscript out of the .ft file so I don't have to rewrite it. It wasn't anything difficult, it just took the best part of a day plus testing. But if I can get that data, it would be a time saver if I can.

Re: pull the actionscript out of the .ft file

AFAIK there are Flash de-compilers around. You could try with one of these after you rename your .ft to .swf. I never tried this, so don't blame me, when it does not work :) It's always good to keep the .fla and .as files at a save place like something like an online backup.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests

Re: pull the actionscript out of the .ft file

didikunz wrote:
10 Jan 2018, 18:28
AFAIK there are Flash de-compilers around. You could try with one of these after you rename your .ft to .swf. I never tried this, so don't blame me, when it does not work :) It's always good to keep the .fla and .as files at a save place like something like an online backup.

I have tried it once because I forgot to check-in my fla files and soure code a couple of years ago. It didn't work that well, tried a couple of them.
Best solution: keep all files somewhere where you have some sort of version control or backup.

/Armin