rtmp screen consumer

Hello. I'm doing my little playout on the node js. I want to make a web application in which I will control the casparcg server.
I want to do a video preview of the casparcg output in the browser. I want to use a web player VIDEOJS in browser.
Question: how to force the server to send video to rtmp for screen consumer?
Now I use command:

Code: Select all

ADD 1 STREAM rtmp://localhost/live/stream -acodec libvo_aacenc -vcodec libx264 -pix_fmt yuv420p -crf 18 -tune zerolatency -preset ultrafast -maxrate 4M -bufsize 10M -format flv
but there is a lot of errors and it does not work.

PS. CasparCG Server 2.1 on Windows7x64.

Thanks!

Re: rtmp screen consumer

There is that little preview window in the official Caspar client, that you can use to see the output of your channels. If you connect to one of your output channels you can see, what command it issues by inspecting the logfile. Use the same for your preview.
Didi Kunz
CasparCG Client-Programmer, Template Maker & Live CG-Operator
Media Support, CH-5722 Gränichen, Switzerland http://mediasupport.ch/
Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests

didikunz wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 09:46
There is that little preview window in the official Caspar client, that you can use to see the output of your channels. If you connect to one of your output channels you can see, what command it issues by inspecting the logfile. Use the same for your preview.
that wouldn't work for the OP, since he is asking about a web browser. I haven't had time / priority / budget to figure it out entirely, but my basic idea for preview in a web browser is to use the WebRTC Protocols, generate sdp's on the server side so the client can start listening and then instruct ffmpeg/casparcg to send the exact video as described in the sdp's.
It sounds pretty basic, but there is actually quite a bit of background knowledge required for the sdp generation, knowledge that I currently lack (and there is no university course over here covering it sadly)
CasparCG enthusiast and broadcast geek

Musicman, I am also using node.js and Caspar for a project and can possibly offer some help.
I have deployed Flash Media Server, Red5, Nginx and anumber of RTMP and WebRTC implementations.
DM me or we can hash some stuff out here in the forums.