CasparCG forum - Upgrade

Hello!

Today (June 29, 2017) we have upgraded the forum to make it better for the community and for the CasparCG project.
The upgrade was successful and was done as planned.

We have upgraded the forum platform it-self to latest version, upgraded the design and enabled SSL.

If you have any questions regarding the upgrade please feel free to reply to this post.

Best regards!
/Armin
Armin Hafizovic
CasparCG Client Lead developer at SVT

Re: CasparCG forum - Upgrade

(You go away for a few weeks and someone rearranges the furniture... :) )

Where are the most convenient "view unread" or "view new posts" functions, so far I don't see them anywhere. There were at the top of the forum list.

(Also, the picture at the top of the index page takes up quite a lot of screen real-estate, consider making it smaller? Maybe <150px instead of over 400.)

z!

Why not just put them -on- the toolbar? They're extremely useful (more than "view on GitHub", I'll venture, for most of us).

Getting off into the UI itself and usability--
What is the difference between "submit" and "post reply"? I'd expect the latter to post what I've just written but it opens a new page/text box. If "Submit" is for sending what I'm typing now, it ought to be another big blue button, not a small text link.

zbang wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 23:35
Why not just put them -on- the toolbar? They're extremely useful (more than "view on GitHub", I'll venture, for most of us).
The theme is not developed by us but I have just added those links to the header!
"View on GitHub" is important as well.

Thanks for you feedback! :)

zbang wrote:
29 Jun 2017, 23:35
What is the difference between "submit" and "post reply"? I'd expect the latter to post what I've just written but it opens a new page/text box. If "Submit" is for sending what I'm typing now, it ought to be another big blue button, not a small text link.

Submit = Submits your quick reply.
Post reply = Opens the full editor.

/Armin
Armin Hafizovic
CasparCG Client Lead developer at SVT