It is currently 30 Apr 2017, 04:02

Yet another Vision Client

CasparCG Server, Client and development

Moderators: Macey, Jonas Hummelstrand, didikunz

Yet another Vision Client

Postby Interpreter » 31 Aug 2012, 23:21

Saw another post about a vision mixing client and thought I'd share our own client. Built for a customer to do mixing between live sources and pre-recorded media.

CasparVision.jpg
CasparVision.jpg (90.35 KiB) Viewed 6689 times

Fully animated GUI with volume faders and T-Bar control

Configuration is pretty self explanatory. All settings are made in the Config file. I have included 2 different config files. One for Decklink Quad card and one for demo purpose using the media files delivered with CasparCG 2.0.

Code: Select all
            <setting name="host" serializeAs="String">
                <value>localhost</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="port" serializeAs="String">
                <value>5250</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="input1" serializeAs="String">
                <value>PLAY 1-1 DECKLINK DEVICE 1</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="input2" serializeAs="String">
                <value>PLAY 1-2 DECKLINK DEVICE 2</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="input3" serializeAs="String">
                <value>PLAY 1-3 DECKLINK DEVICE 3</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="input4" serializeAs="String">
                <value>PLAY 1-4 DECKLINK DEVICE 4</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="afv" serializeAs="String">
                <value>True</value>
            </setting>

Simply edit the config to fit your needs. The last setting in the config file named "afv" stands for "Audio follow Video". This setting can be either True or False to set wether audio from each source should automatically cut or fade together with the corresponding video.

Download available here: http://www.monoscopio.se/downloads/CasparVision.php
Interpreter

Re: Yet another Vision Client

Postby vimlesh1975 » 01 Sep 2012, 03:10

Can U share source code please?
vimlesh1975

Postby umek » 01 Sep 2012, 11:04

Very nice app!
Source code would be wonderfull!
Broadcast Live streaming | Video production
www.agatin.hr
umek

Postby Interpreter » 01 Sep 2012, 12:02

Thanks, will make an open-source version. This one uses some commercial libraries. Also updated the download, saw that there was a file missing making the app crash.
Interpreter

Postby vimlesh1975 » 01 Sep 2012, 12:40

I tested it now. Working very nice. Thanks.
vimlesh1975

Postby Jonas Hummelstrand » 03 Sep 2012, 14:14

Cool!

It's really about time to set up a public download area with all the community contributions. This will have to wait until after IBC, though.
Jonas Hummelstrand
Independent Consultant at SuperFly.tv
Former Community Manager for CasparCG

Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
Jonas Hummelstrand

Postby tomococacola » 12 Mar 2013, 18:56

WOW Amazing App Thanks for share it...
tomococacola

Postby aircooled76 » 13 Mar 2013, 00:24

Hi Guys,
Very exciting design... well done...

When mixing multiple inputs are there any issues with frame syncing, do you need genlocked cameras?

I read the BMD ATEM switcher has frame sync on each input to keep it locked...
aircooled76

Postby iTech » 13 Mar 2013, 01:22

aircooled76 wrote:Hi Guys,
Very exciting design... well done...

When mixing multiple inputs are there any issues with frame syncing, do you need genlocked cameras?

I read the BMD ATEM switcher has frame sync on each input to keep it locked...

It has an internal frame sync but that adds 1 frame of delay without regard to delay that's already on the line. In other words, the frame delays add up.
iTech

Postby aircooled76 » 13 Mar 2013, 03:15

That's awesome.... I assume you mean that CasparCG has the internal frame sync built in?
aircooled76

Postby iTech » 13 Mar 2013, 03:56

aircooled76 wrote:That's awesome.... I assume you mean that CasparCG has the internal frame sync built in?

I meant the ATEM.
iTech

Postby aircooled76 » 13 Mar 2013, 04:17

Ok... how does CasparCG deal with frames arriving at different times?
aircooled76

Postby aircooled76 » 09 Apr 2013, 04:12

Hi Guys,

Just trying to determine if I can build a vision switcher using BlackMagic cards and CasparCG (Similar to the one posted here) or get a BlackMagic ATEM Switcher...

If I have several HDMI inputs coming into CasparCG.... I assume that the frames would be arriving at slightly different times... Would there be any problems using Caspar to switch between them... Does Caspar sync the frames? How does it deal with the frames arriving at slightly different times?
aircooled76

Postby jstar » 09 Apr 2013, 11:53

Frame sync doesn't really play any role here. Decklink cards automatically sync themselves to the source. Vision switchers need frame synchronisation to keep the aforementioned delay down. This way you can have minimal delay with synchronized cameras or add 1 frame delay for unsynchronized sources. With BMD Decklink you have so much processing delay in the card and the driver itself that frames arriving at different times don't change anything. Add to that the buffering CasparCG does at input (when playing a Decklink producer f.g.) and at output (when outputing through another Decklink card) and you get so much frame synchronization "space", that this stops being an issue.

This however means that you will have significant delay between what your camera operators see, then what you see on your computer monitor as incoming signal, then results of transitions, and then the signal actually output through your output decklink channel. Unless you have a specific reason (limited budget, unused Decklink cards laying around, the fun of it) or feature that you need (f.g. you want to do some complicated DVE, etc.) I suggest using a real video switcher. It will simply be more handy, robust, and do all the things you generally need out of the box.
Jan Starzak
CasparCG graphics designer, programmer and live CG operator - available for work
Lodz, Poland http://janstarzak.com/
jstar

Postby aircooled76 » 09 Apr 2013, 12:56

At this point I have a super low budget... and looking at a live event switcher for sports streaming... so the delay is not so critical...

Really appreciate your response though!!!

I was also thinking of building my own switcher using Decklink 4K cards to give me the ability to create a 1080p50fps switcher... The BlackMagic switchers (even the new one) don't seem to do 1080p50fps :(
aircooled76

Postby jstar » 09 Apr 2013, 13:51

Bear in mind, that BMD cards also cost something - they are cheap compared to everything else available, but you need one per every input or output (you can use Decklink Duo or Quad, but the financial result is basically the same). An ATEM Television Studio costs $995, has 6 inputs and 6 outputs, a multiviewer and will introduce minimal delay. 3 inputs and 1 output using a Decklink Quad will cost you the same $995, but will offer much less features, introduce significant delay and will require you to do a lot of the work yourself. And this doesn't include the cost of the server, which will have to be substantial if you want to have the same level of reliability.

If sports is going to be your main application, remember that Caspar has some delay when it comes to processing your input through ACMP (performing transitions, etc.). So unless you're doing a sport with very little action, this is also an important factor to take under consideration. You won't get the "snappyness" of the switcher I for one would expect during a sports production.

It's true, there are no cheap 3G video switchers I heard of. What kind of 3G (1080p) video cameras do you want to use? Last time I checked, they weren't cheap as well...
Jan Starzak
CasparCG graphics designer, programmer and live CG operator - available for work
Lodz, Poland http://janstarzak.com/
jstar

Postby henny » 09 Apr 2013, 18:23

Take a look at some of the new stuffs announced at NAB by black magic , decklink cards for £99 and a 4k 8 input mixer for £1300ish
henny

Postby Slewfoot » 30 Oct 2013, 18:34

We're using this often - Thank you for such great software. I am finding that we need more than 4 inputs though. Is there source code available, or is it possible to make one with 6 or 8 inputs?

Thanks,

Slewfoot
Slewfoot

Postby Jonas Hummelstrand » 30 Oct 2013, 19:10

You can add more BMD Quad cards to get more inputs/outputs. CasparCG Server 2.0 is a 32-bit process, so you probably won't be able to use three Quads at the same time, though...
Jonas Hummelstrand
Independent Consultant at SuperFly.tv
Former Community Manager for CasparCG

Problems? Guide to posting Bug reports & Feature requests
Jonas Hummelstrand

Postby Slewfoot » 31 Oct 2013, 04:43

We are only using 3 inputs from our Intensity Pros, but we also bring in several streams. It works great to switch between the streams and the Intensity Pro inputs. We just need to have more than 4 selections in the Vision Switcher.
Slewfoot

Return to Tech and Development