Re: StudioLive - Caspar Client Preview

Hi cambell,

really a nice client.
I like the idea of show - scene - action.

But the video on yt has a terrible sound. It's hard to watch it till the end :-(

Will this client be available for free or do you plan to sell it when it's ready?

cheers
mcdikki
sublan.tv - Wir teilen Begeisterung

Re: StudioLive - Caspar Client

The installer will definitely be win32. So the installer should work, I just downloaded it off google drive and it works for me on Win7 64 bit. The mongoose is 32 bit, the mongod may well be the 64 bit version I think. I always use 64 bit systems these days so I'll just make that the minimum requirement. Windows 7 64 bit home premium or better. If you are on a win 64 system and you mean that the installer doesn't work then you most likely have a corrupt download so I suggest downloading it and trying it again on a win 64 system. I've updated the 'readme' to indicate the minimum windows os.

If you really want to use this on a win32 system to try it out then you can download the mongo database from here http://www.mongodb.org/downloads Do read their warnings about the limitations of the 32 bit version. I do not recommend running this seriously on a win32 system.

@palco It would be great if you could add more information when you find something doesn't work. Saying 'it isn't a valid win32 application' really doesn't provide enough info. It begs the obvious questions. a) What is 'it', the installer? The installed application? Some other exe? b) What OS is this guy using? Is it xp, vista, win 7. Is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

cambell wrote:The installer will definitely be win32. So the installer should work, I just downloaded it off google drive and it works for me on Win7 64 bit. The mongoose is 32 bit, the mongod may well be the 64 bit version I think. I always use 64 bit systems these days so I'll just make that the minimum requirement. Windows 7 64 bit home premium or better. If you are on a win 64 system and you mean that the installer doesn't work then you most likely have a corrupt download so I suggest downloading it and trying it again on a win 64 system. I've updated the 'readme' to indicate the minimum windows os.

If you really want to use this on a win32 system to try it out then you can download the mongo database from here http://www.mongodb.org/downloads Do read their warnings about the limitations of the 32 bit version. I do not recommend running this seriously on a win32 system.

@palco It would be great if you could add more information when you find something doesn't work. Saying 'it isn't a valid win32 application' really doesn't provide enough info. It begs the obvious questions. a) What is 'it', the installer? The installed application? Some other exe? b) What OS is this guy using? Is it xp, vista, win 7. Is it 32 bit or 64 bit?
OK Cambell
I plan to Caspar working on a new computer with Windows 7 64 bit, but I just wanted to try your client it on a computer with Windows XP 32 bit.

Yes, that looks right. If you've been able to create a new show and scene then the database is working. You need to go into the Show | Actions tab (on the page that lists the scenes there's a Action tab. In there you can add 'actions' which are sequences of caspar commands that you want to use for the show. See the video for a quick guided tour.